Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Sprint PowerBooster

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Babydoc168, Mar 10, 2010.

Babydoc168

Hello,

I have a 2006 330i sedan (e90) with a dinan ram-air intake. I recently came across information about the Sprint PowerBooster. Does anyone have this installed on their car? Also, how do you go about removal the throttle pedal on this car?

R/

G

CRKrieger

You have got to be kidding me. :eek: You'd really pay over $325 to shorten your throttle pedal travel by 1/4 only when you have it pushed further than halfway down? Does your ankle not work? :confused:

M3Driver guest

Unless mistaken, the Dinan S/W in conjunction with your intake increases sensitivity regarding pedal response so why.....?

Zeichen311

On top of which, if you want better throttle response, adjust your driving style to require it. Over time, the DME will change its maps that translate motion of the pedal to motion of the throttle (the "adaptation values"), matching throttle response to your driving style. This takes quite a bit of time but it is incredibly effective. Among other things, it can "learn" to recognize heel-and-toe downshifts (and improve rev-matching in response) and adopt a more/less aggressive pedal response curve (within reason) to suit the aggressiveness signaled by your foot.

This is important because, after several months of adaptation to your new pedal, the DME might well tune out some portion of the effects of the "upgrade."

CRKrieger

Great information, /Stig! So it seems the car can either smarten up or dumb down to suit the driver. I think this might be an annoyance going from the street to the track if you don't drive relatively aggressively on the street. But then, I don't get these problems with a cable connected between the pedal and the throttle. The only 'adaptation' needed is that I push the pedal down faster. :D OTOH, you'll never break a throttle cable ... :eek:

Zeichen311

That's what they tell me.... The most visible effects in my experience were with heel-and-toeing and when I lift abruptly without braking. After a long period of ensuring I blipped the pedal on every downshift (practicing double-clutching on a daily basis), I suddenly noticed every blip was being met with a vigorous zing! to higher RPM, where at first it was as likely to bump revs a little, a lot or ignore me altogether. The darn thing makes me look better than I know I am. :eek:

The other noticeable improvement came when transitioning to engine braking, without touching the brake pedal after having accelerated through several gears. This would sometimes cause delay of a (frightening) second or so before the throttle closed. Again, over time and enough consistent input, this stopped happening.

A couple times in the car's life this memory was reset after repairs and I had to "teach" it all over again. Fun times. :)

Yeah, and I consider that one superior because it adapts to other cars. :D

az3579

That's right CR; that, and we don't need no' stankin' trakshun kuntr'ol... that's what our right foots are for. :D

kmoghadam guest

BMS powerbox

you may want to check out the BMS powerbox, you have different throttle options as well as different tune options with this device for the same price (if not a little cheaper). There are 6 different mapping options that you can change on the fly. :D