Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Track Days in E93

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by mkgoodman, Apr 5, 2010.

mkgoodman

I want to do Track Days in my E93, and it seems that I need to have a complete roll bar to participate. Has anyone electrically activated the pop up roll bars to act as a sufficient roll bar, and do the pop up roll bars go up fully without damaging the hard top when it is also up? I do not want to race at this time, but do want to get some seat time on a few tracks in the NYC area. What have other E93 Owners done to get seat time on the tracks short of installing an additional roll bar?

az3579

It is my understanding that the factory roll bars are not sufficient to participate in CCA HPDE's. I do not know if that applies to all chapters, but it definitely won't fly in mine (Connecticut Valley).

ForcedInduction guest

I have not seen any region/organization that will accept anything but a professional aftermarket rollbar in these cars.

tiFreak

even if they qualified as a roll bar, I'm pretty sure they tear the headrest open when they activate so you probably wouldn't want to activate them