Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 (or other BMW) Brake hose Replacement

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by baileyime, Feb 22, 2024.

baileyime

My 2001 530i has original brake hoses (among other things that need attention; 162K miles). Time to proactively replace them and flush system with new brake fluid, including clutch. Struggling to find consensus from informed BMW owners or techs regarding best quality brand (not including factory BMW, $$), whether or not SS braid is really meaningful (lots of opinions out there and my original 23 year old rubber hoses seem perfectly fine), and availability of kits that include all six hoses plus the two short hoses at the ABS module (and if they really ever need to be replaced). Whatcha got for me?!

two30grain

I usually use ATE parts and use FCPeuro.com for parts.

I put stainless steel braided lines in my E30. Everything after that I just use regular hoses as I didn't feel the need with a regular DD.

baileyime

Blog trend seems to agree with you that today's standard hoses are just as firm and reliable as SS. Curious about Turner b rand, but AT#E seems to have a good reputation, thanks. Local BMW service tech experienced with e39 told me this weekend to not worry about the two ABS hoses, he has never seen a failure.