Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Pricing and selling a 24-yo car

Discussion in 'E34 (1989-1995)' started by 109941, Jan 26, 2013.

Hello,

I'm asking advice on selling my 1989 525i. It's been a good car, not great, but good. Of course, it's has the modest power of a two valve per cyl engine and a transmission with wonky gear ratio spacing. So, it's not a model that Bimmerphiles will lust for........... But, the body and engine are in good shape and the mileage is only 97,000 and change.

Comments?

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Is that the one with the bad door panels, noted in your sig? :)

Might only bring regular kbb.com used car money, especially if it is an auto transmission.

Nope, it's a stick. The door panels are the only interior issue. The from seats have been covered with sheepskins since 1992

MGarrison

If you're asking how to set a selling price, I guess I'd check nadaguides.com, kbb.com, ebay, autotrader.com, and autotempest.com for listings for cars as similar to yours as possible. You can also search completed listings using Ebay's 'advanced' search options to see what's actually sold and at what price. That may give you an idea about where the market stands. As for selling, you have most of the options I mention searching - Ebay, autotrader, craigslist, cars.com, carsdirect.com, getauto.com, and, apparently, oodle.com (whatever that is!), among newspaper ads, an ad in Roundel or online here, sign in the window, and anything else you can think of.

I took the easy way out...........traded it on a new Tacoma.