Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wheels - Repairing Curb Bark

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by arabold, Jul 21, 2009.

arabold guest

I've had a few bites from the curb demon on my '06 E90. Drcolorchip.com tells me that there are several different silver paints that were used on the wheels in 2006.

They suggested contacting the dealer to identify which is used on my car. The dealer say, "Huh?" Does anyone one know where I can get a paint number for my wheels?

John in VA

Not knowing where you are located and exactly which style/color of wheels you are referring to makes it difficult to point you in the proper direction. There are several wheel repair facilities that advertise in Roundel. You could also check within your chapter, asking for references or experiences from the locals.

granthr

I don't know if this will help. But on my one set of wheels for my E36 there is a tiny sticker in the hub that gives the color name, but not the code. You can only see this sticker when the wheel is off the car. Also it is not on ever wheel, although it might have been originally.

The wheels that have this sticker the are the radial spoke 17 inchers from the 3.0 Z3 with sport package. The color is "Brilliant" by the way.